CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Will You Maui Me?

The following story is based on actual events that occured in March of 2008:

Once upon a time, a weary mother of three laid her head on the couch after a long week of diapering, carpooling, homeworking, cleaning (well, not so much of that...), etc., etc... She soon drifted off to sleep when out of nowhere appeared a great-looking guy that said, "Hey, do you want to go to Hawaii with me...in three days?" And that's how it all began...to go, or not to go?

Suddenly I had a practical devil/angel (you choose) on one shoulder and a spontaneous, fun, "why on earth not?" devil/angel on the other....there was a lot going on the next week--a doctor apointment that takes three months to schedule, a birthday party to go to where really good food/company would be found, and last (but not necessarily least), a neighborhood Karaoke Idol contest that I was itching to participate in. In the end, I decided that it's just wrong to refuse an offer to go to Hawaii. We hired a "manny" (my good sport father-in-law, Bob) to come along to "help out with the kids" (code for Bjorn and I want to surf, snorkel, go out to eat, etc...) Thanks, Bob!

A few highlights from our stay...We spent a lot of time at the beach (a pebble's throw from our condo if you're one of the Manning brothers); took surfing lessons (me and Bjorn) and would HIGHLY recommend it; snorkeled (Alexander wanted to know why Heavenly Father put so much salt in the water...he got a few gulps of the ocean); went whale watching and saw other neat sea creatures at the local aquarium; celebrated Elise's first birthday at a luau; drove to the top of a volcano (Alexander lost his lunch on that trip); drove "The Road to Hana"...lush, gorgeous ocean views on a windy, sometimes one-laned "hope-the-person-around-the-corner-honks-so-I-don't-drive-off-the-cliff" highway--Nicolas lost his lunch on that trip. Mostly, it was a lovely trip with beautiful weather, gorgeous views, and great family times.


P.S. Thanks to Hil for sprucing up my blog and helping with the slideshow ;)

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Ok, I was laughing so loud Adam actually came in to see what was going on! I'm thinking last minute sponanteous trips are the way to go. Now, if we could only find a "manny". . .

Malinda said...

You passed up Neighborhood Idol JUST to go to Hawaii?!?!? (good choice)

I loved the slide show. Those are some fabulous, blow-up-to-poster-size-and-frame, photos. I'm seriously tempted to plan a trip to the Blackburn hotel in the near future.

Julia said...

Good job on the blog sis! We all thank Hilary for making our bjornandcyd blog browsing more advanced!!!!

Love you...see you in a few days.

Mama Williams said...

Holy Cow! I go to Florida and viola! You're a blogger full force. I love it! Welcome to the world of bloggin.

Leisel said...

That is so neat! I wanna go too!!! Question is how to afford it... hmmm.