CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Jazz Singer (and I don't mean Neil Diamond)


Bjorn and I went on a very last minute date to the Jazz/Lakers game tonight (purchased tickets on Craig's List at about 4:45, found a babysitter at 5:00, left around 6:00, and arrived just in time to see Mr. Hometown Hero in the flesh--David Archuleta--sing the National Anthem.) Awesome game! Here's a little clip from D.A.'s song:



P.S. For those not raised by Neil Diamon fans, he was in a movie called "The Jazz Singer" in 1980.

7 comments:

Malinda said...

Sweet! Ben LOVES David Archuleta. He's going to be jealous that you saw him in real life. I'm so impressed with your spontaneity . . . Hawaii, Jazz games (okay, not really on the same level).

Good work with the video upload. You are a blogging pro!

Julia said...

Silly Cyd. Neil Diamond isn't a jazz singer.

Hilary said...

Oh, and let's not forget the spontaneous trip to Logan to see the crew! It's definitely the yellow in you really starting to shine.

I know it sounds silly, but watching the coverage of David Archuleta at Murray made me all proud on the inside to be a Spartan!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyd--I don't usually surf blogs, but I'm so happy I saw the DA clip! I was bummed I missed it and now I'm all caught up! Thanks! You're blog is so popular already.

Jamie said...

I'm glad you figured out that it was me :) And man I wish I could have been in Murray that night! DA lives in my mom's stake and I guess the neighborhood was pretty crazy that weekend! I was bummed that they didn't show him on t.v. I even set my DVR to record it and everything.... so i'm glad you shared a little bit of DA with us!
Jamie A.

Courtney said...

If I could pick one of my friends to see David sing in person- it would be you since you would actually know if he is "pitchy" or not.

Christina said...

Thanks squid! You guys are the amazing deal finding last minuter people. We do a lot of last minute but never cool stuff like Hawaii, David archuleta, and on and on...