CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Alexander's Broken Arm

Who knew that casts came in hi-lighter yellow color? Unfortunately, we now do (along with anyone who comes within 100 yards of Alexander). Our little evil kanevil boy has finally broken a bone. We' ve often joked that we should just put a helmet on him 24/7 and perhaps a little bubble wrap. For those who don't know, he managed to fall off the trampoline in the small window of time between setting it up and putting the netting on (about 24 hours). I should have known better as the little guy is a magnet for injury. I've since learned that with most couples, there is usually one who opposes owning a trampoline and one who wants one. I've heard a lot of "Don't tell my husband/wife how he broke his arm." Of course Bjorn was the one that opposed the idea (for fear of bodily harm) but eventually gave in. Thankfully he's not the "I told you so type" because I felt pretty bad already

8 comments:

Malinda said...

That is a quality neon cast! We just switched to a Health Savings Account, so I have forbidden my kids from breaking any bones. I hope it works. :)

Courtney said...

Oh- the rite of passage into boyhood. How did you handle it? We haven't gone that road yet, but I am happy for any tips for when we do.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Yeah Squid joined the blogging world!
Isaac is our accident prone kid...I can't remember if it's 3 or 4 bones that he has broken. No trampoline in this house yet but I'm sure when we do He'll be sure and break a bone or two. I can't say that he's ever gotten a cool highlighter yellow cast though! Now That is awesome!

Hilary said...

Clever blog title Squidnee Bean! I knew you had it in you!

Markalie said...

How cool is this. I found your blog just looking around. Your family is so cute. I have never see your little girl and she is such a cutie. I love her blonde curly hair. I hope you write in your blog more than your sister. Take care!

Kris Tina said...

Broken Arm Shmoken Arm - he is too tough to let it get him down. Also tell him that for $10 bucks I'll totally autograph that cast for him.

Christina said...

Cyd-o-nee! Uh oh, I am definately the pro-trampoline one in this couple. We got it for Samuel's b-day but Karl joked that I got it for myself.

Julia said...

Cyd,
Good girl for starting the blog!!! I didn't think you were really going to do it, because you sounded as excited about blogging as you would about giving birth without an epidural. Always take the advice of your far-away baby sis-tuh. Just think, if you post more than one time per year, you'll officially outdo me as a blogger.

Ju