CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More on Bonnie

I just got off the phone with my Dad and it looks like my mom will be in the hospital for at least 3-4 days. She apparently had an autoimmune reaction to the heart surgery which happens in about five percent of patients (something called Dressler's Syndrome...see http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dresslers-syndrome/DS00666/DSECTION=1 for more info--Thanks Adrian! ). Fluid has gradually been building up around her lungs, making it difficult for her to breathe well. The fluid was drained last night and she is already feeling a lot better. The next step is to take steroids for two weeks and to do a lot of walking to help her lungs. So if you see her, tell her to pick up her tubes and get marching ;).

Here is one of my favorite videos. For those who know Alexander, he is a little less apt to show affection these days but for the first couple years of his life, he had a bit of a crush on Grandma B. She and my dad have some pretty devoted grandkids/fans. You can pause the music on the right hand side if you want to hear the video.

4 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Hi Cyd,

It is spelled Dressler's Syndrome and you should be able to Google that and get some good information about it. It can be caused by a heart attack or a bad reaction to heart surgery.

Adrian

Julia said...

Cyd,

That video was just what I needed...to hear Mom's laugh. It's been awhile. Made me tear up a bit (I know, shocking). I'd forgotten about Alexander's crush. :)
Jujee

Mama Williams said...

Bonnie, We love you and wish you well. Hang in there Cyd. We love you too and you're in our prayers. By the way-Adrian rarely reads blogs. LUCKY!

Christina said...

Cyd, that is such a cute clip!