CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

My long absence explained...




Okay, so for most of you, this video won't be a major surprise. It's always hard for me to keep pregnancies a secret because I feel like I have to explain myself for laying on the couch half the day, neglecting my children, running to the restroom, etc...I used to do all my blogging, e-mailing, etc. at night after the kids were in bed and that was always when I felt the worst. I feel like I'm gradually coming out of the nausea fog and hope to resume a "normal" life soon.

Some of you might know that I secretly (well, not that secretly) wish that life was a musical...can you see it? You're taking a walk at night thinking about whatever and all the sudden a symphony starts the accompaniment and you sing about how you feel. Or you're just so excited about something and you begin dancing (along with everyone else in the grocery store or wherever) and everyone sings in perfect harmony...well, here are a few songs that (assuming I had any spare energy) I would have sung over the last couple of months:


Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)--I was always so happy to wake up in the morning because it meant I usually had a couple of hours without "morning" sickness (an ironic term, for me).


Vanishing (Mariah Carey)--this would describe my waistline. A few people pointed out that they could see I was "showing" and I had to kindly tell them that no, in fact that little bulge they were seeing were "gifts" left by my other three children...you know, to prolong my life should I find myself on a stranded island with no food ;).


Hungry Like A Wolf (Duran Duran)--not much explanation needed here but my voracious appetite was a bit torturous because most food looked and smelled repulsive.


FEED ME! (from Little Shop of Horrors)--if life was a musical, this would be the song my children would have sung to me while I laid on the couch for hours. Is it possible to have latch-key children while the mother is at home? The second verse would have been "BATHE ME" and the third verse would be "NOURISH MY MIND AND SPIRIT!" (okay, so they wouldn't really sing the last two verses but I felt pretty negligent in those areas as well.)


Super Trooper (ABBA)--I would sing this to myself if I wasn't such a wimp about it all...this is actually the song I'd sing to Bjorn for being a great single parent for the last couple of months. One of my favorite memories (now) is when he took the three kids plus our nephew to a sit-down restaurant, then took all of them to a VERY crowded and late Bee's game to watch a little baseball and fireworks after. Only a crazy (but cool) dad would do this, right? The downside was that his cell phone was dead and I had no idea that he was at the game until he got home around 12:30 a.m...I eventually assumed that's where he was after the local police station informed me that there hadn't been any accidents with injuries in the area that night ;).


Adios for now! And thanks for the nagging, Ju!

14 comments:

Julia said...

Cyd,

You forgot to mention that after your long blogging hiatus, everyone has your fabulous little sister to thank for your new blog entry. If marraige has taught me nothing else about human nature, I have learned that plenty-o-naggin' usually spurs the receiving-end into action.

I'm glad you're officially out of the closet with your new jelly bean. And, I'm glad you're feeling better. I promise if I lived closer, I would have taken such good care of you, sissy.

Julia said...

My bad. I see now that you gave me props for the nagging.

Malinda said...

Cyd, you are the funniest person I know! Thanks for making me laugh with your song stories. I'm glad that you are keeping a sense of humor about it all and I hope that the worst is over.
Cute video. I love that Elise has Fur Elise playing in her crib. It is one of the demo songs on our keyboard and my Elise knows how to scroll down and find "her song." She loves to dance to it.

Jeremy Griggs said...

Congratulations on your announcement! We're on our last pregnancy and can't wait for it to be over for exactly the reasons you listed!!! Andrea is on modified bed rest for now because of so many contractions. Only 15 more weeks of this &@%#.....I mean blessed experience :)

Mama Williams said...

Yeah! Finally! I thought I was going to be stuck with my foot in my mouth this whole pregnancy!

And you should be in High School Musical. You crack me up! Sing...sing a song! Just sing, sing a song.

Christina said...

Cyd! Hi. I will see you tomorrow but it is still fun to talk to you through your blog. I would love it if your life was a musical.

Annette said...

You are hilarious! Thanks for the pick me up for the day - kind of makes me want to sing a little ditty :)

We had so much fun spending time with your family this summer. I still need to get some pix of our boys to you.

Courtney said...

If our life was a musical, you would be the one who loves all the singing and I would be the hesitant one that you persuade to sing along until I end up loving it and singing with you at the top of my lungs. Thanks for the inspiration.

Heather said...

Coming out from the 'naseau fog' is a monumental moment! Glad to hear the good news...how many weeks along are you now?

Christy said...

I love your video of Elise. She looks so much like you. Congratulations. Also, I hope your mom is doing well. I noticed that the post I left her a few months ago didn't post. Let her know I have been thinking of her, will you?

Jeremy Griggs said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting news-I'm glad you're coming out of the morning sickness phase-I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Andrea Griggs said...

Sorry-that last comment was actually from me, not Jeremy. I must have been logged in as him and I didn't realize it. Congrats!

Julia said...

Just wondering how you are going to explain THIS long absence? At least come post the sex of your baby before I do it...

The House that James Built said...

sister...did you know i FINALLY have a BLOG after ALL of julia's NAGGING?? (and her actually setting mine up :)) i sent you an email a while back, but just in case bjorn deleted it...now you know, here i am. it was good to see you saturday and i missed you at moms today. i actually brought you some hand-me-ups (being that you are sooo much older than me) i'll get them to you soon. xoxo